Our Mission Statement
The Buffalo City Mission exists to restore hope and dignity to the hurting and homeless through the transforming grace and mercy of Jesus Christ.
Buffalo City Mission’s vision is to restore hope to the homeless and hurting of Western New York. We provide emergency shelter and nourishing meals to thousands of homeless men, women and children. But we don’t believe that’s enough.
With the strengths of our brand new Community Center, The Alfiero Center of Hope and Promise, and our shelter for women and children, Cornerstone Manor, Buffalo City Mission provides comprehensive recovery programs to help homeless men, women and children rebuild stable, healthy, productive lives.
We believe Jesus calls us to open our arms wide as the need grows. We will continue to expand our services and develop innovative programs as the complexities of homelessness change.
The purpose of Buffalo City Mission is to proclaim and demonstrate the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ, meeting the spiritual, physical, and emotional needs of men, women and children who are homeless or in need of hope.
Buffalo City Mission Core Values
Core Values—Our Beliefs
Buffalo City Mission ascribes to a non-denominational, evangelical Christian confession of faith (our Statement of Faith) and requires all individuals in leadership to do the same.
Core Values—Our Clients
1. We value people as eternal beings created in God’s image with inherent dignity and worth.
2. We believe that every person, no matter how adverse the circumstances, is redeemable by God and can live a life of meaning and purpose.
3. We teach individuals to accept responsibility for their actions and encourage them to become people of integrity, responsibility and commitment.
Core Values—Our Leadership
1. Our leadership will have a missionary calling, expressing cultural and Christian diversity, serving God and man as a team, and maintaining the highest level of personal integrity and commitment.
2. We are committed to helping each individual reach and attain their God-given potential.
3. All staff and leadership must know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and regard cultivating their personal relationship with Him as their highest priority and calling.
Core Values—Our Staff
1. We demand of ourselves high standards of competence and performance and accept the need to be accountable through appropriate structures for achieving these standards.
2. We seek to provide quality opportunities and experiences to our employees, providing them with opportunities for personal, spiritual and professional growth.
Core Values—Our Volunteers
Provide opportunities for the local church and community to use their gifts and resources to serve the needy under the direction and at the discretion of Mission leadership.
Core Values—Our Facilities
Provide clean, well-maintained, secure facilities that honor God as an example to our clients and community.
Core Values—Our Finances
1. We will raise and spend our finances with the utmost of integrity, accountability and openness.
2. We value economy, good stewardship and living within our means.