Since 1917 the Mission has served the in-need population of Buffalo and surrounding areas. The Mission has provided food, clothing, shelter, Christ-centered recovery and education opportunities for Buffalo’s homeless, addicted and destitute.
There is only one way we are able to meet the enormous needs in Buffalo, that is by God’s grace, love and provision. He blankets us with His mercy and grace and He leads individuals, businesses and churches to support this vital ministry either through prayer, volunteering or financial support.
We are so thankful you have expressed an interest in the Mission and this vital ministry to those on need. Your interest reveals your compassion and caring for hurting people as you seek to partner with the Mission for the good of others.
We thank God for you and look forward to receiving your application, as well as your registration for an orientation session, and to work alongside one another to impact lives through the opportunities of service here at the Mission!
I understand that in the course of my volunteer service with the Buffalo City Mission I may have access to and become acquainted with information of a confidential nature which is or either may be applicable or related to the operation of the Mission, its research and development, or the business of its clients. Such confidential information includes, but is not limited to, devices, mailing lists, processes, compilations of information, records, and information concerning clients. I agree that I will not disclose any of the above mentioned directly or indirectly, or use them in any way, either during the term of my volunteerism or at any time thereafter. I further understand that I am an at-will (means that a volunteer can be terminated at any time without any reason. It also means that a volunteer can quit at any time without any reason. The Mission is not required to provide notice when terminating an at-will volunteer) volunteer of the Mission and that this agreement is not to be construed as constituting a promise of employment.
Statement of Faith Agreement:
The Buffalo City Mission is a Christ-centered, Bible believing, nonprofit organization. The following is the statement of faith of the Buffalo City Mission. We ask that individual and group volunteers respect these beliefs and not speak contrary to these beliefs as they are performing their time of volunteer service and not advise any action or counsel contrary to them with a resident of the Buffalo City Mission. We are available to answer any questions and share our faith with any and all volunteers.
Statement of Faith:
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God and therefore our only authority.
- We believe in the Trinity of the Godhead.
- We believe in the creation of man by the direct act of God.
- We believe in the fall of man and his need for redemption.
- We believe in the deity, incarnation and virgin birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- We believe in Christ’s vicarious (done for another) atonement for the sins of mankind by the shedding of His blood on the cross.
- We believe in Christ’s bodily resurrection from the tomb and His Ascension into heaven.
- We believe in Jesus Christ’s personal, imminent return.
- We believe in the deity of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the justification (declare right with God) of the believer by grace through faith.
- We believe in a literal devil who is our adversary.
- We believe in a literal heaven for the redeemed (to get or win back) and a literal hell for the lost.
We ask that any individuals or groups here at the Mission during their time of service respect these beliefs and not advise any action or counsel contrary to them. I agree to follow this need.
VOLUNTEER AGE REQUIREMENTS:
Onsite volunteers are required to be a minimum of 18 years old. And Group Volunteer minimum age is 16 and 17 year old. Students volunteering in a Group without parent or guardian present during their time of service will need a Parental Approval Form.